The Secret Society of Motherhood

I have been fascinated to discover that there is a secret society that comes with motherhood. Because I spent most of my visibly pregnant time in the hospital, I didn't get to (or have to, depending on your perspective) deal with strangers touching my stomach, or telling me that their uncle's mother's daughter's child was going to share the same birthday as my baby.

But I have to say that I truly enjoy the little smiles and friendly nods that are shared when I come across another mom with a child of roughly the same age. It's a kinship to which I was oblivious before I had a baby - but I'm pleased to be a part of it now.

On a completely unrelated topic - Mackay cut her first tooth. It seems the drool has a purpose. I'd like to record for posterity the lyrics to her father's favorite lullaby.

You are drooly, truly drooly
You are drooly, yes you are
You are drooly, truly drooly
We should put it in a jar.

You are drooly, truly drooly
You are drooly, yes you are
You are drooly, truly drooly
It's enough to wash a car

Anyone know any A&R folks? I think we have a hit here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 15 (and 16 and 17) - Park City, Utah

Mackay is Teething!

She sits!